RIP

The EA place for small talk.

Re: RIP

Postby NAR » June 29th, 2009, 4:13 am

RIP Gale Storm, a TV pioneer.

NAR

Karl Malden

Postby NAR » July 2nd, 2009, 12:07 am

Karl Malden of Czeck and SErbian background was 97. Married to the same woman since 1938. :shock: I'm surprised of seen lots of his film like Baby Doll, Kiss of Death, On the Waterfront, A STreetcar Named Desire, I confess, Dead Ringer and snippets of Gypsy.

NAR

Postby NAR » November 11th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Okay I know this is late but I've been lazy posting. Non-Eurasian Canadian actor Joseph Wiseman died Oct. 19 at age 91. He played the Eurasian (Chinese-German mix) Dr. No in the Bond film Dr. No

More info on my blog. http://bunnybuntales.wordpress.com/2009 ... h-wiseman/

NAR

Postby NAR » December 18th, 2009, 5:47 am

What's wrong with me? I'm posting this very late but anyway RIP Richard Todd. He was so good in the classic films The Hasty Heart and A Man Called Peter. He died December 3. I hope the Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences doesn't leave him out. That organization always forgets film legends of yesteryear. More on http://bunnybuntales.wordpress.com/

And I didn't realize Oral Roberts was so old. I thought he was in his 70s or 80s. I think I know someone who graduated from Oral Roberts University.
NAR

Postby NAR » December 19th, 2009, 5:22 am

Oh dear. Jennifer Jones died. She was 90. She played a Eurasian in the film, Love is a Many-Splendor Thing(1955). I think that film should be remade. More info on my blog www.bunnybuntales.wordpress.com

NAR

Postby NAR » December 21st, 2009, 2:25 am

Brittany Murphy obviously. It's always an eye-opener when someone young dies. When I feel old, unaccomplished, or a loser, I realize I still have time and quite lucky to be alive.
NAR

Postby jean231 » December 21st, 2009, 10:43 am

Yeah only 32. Didn't know her, cause only the most famous are known in Europe. Anyway I don't see all the movies. It seems she was into unhealthy lifestyle. But then there's all those conspiracy theories, about the pressure on actors.

Concerning underachievement, er, hello, I'm an expert in the field ! :mrgreen: I can give advice !
jean231

Postby bluemarlin » August 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm

The daughter of the US ambassador to Thailand was EA.

The girl's mother is Sophia John is Korean. The father met the mom when he was assigned to work in Korea.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... hrise.html

Last edited by bluemarlin on August 28th, 2010, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluemarlin

Postby jean231 » August 28th, 2010, 12:12 pm

I checked the article. Such a bad luck, one less EA for the EA movement. And a prominent one.

I had several comments about that sad event. First that of course, no use to say it, but if possible stay away from all drugs. But really no use to say that to teenagers. Almost.
Second, it's obvious that EAs have to do more stuff, like crazy stuff, to get part of the group. Therefore such stupid thing.

Third, there's a whole new EA generation that won't be able to hear any longer about the Eurasiannation (she was 17). Cause EAN is dead. Serge bears responsibility in all the problem that will happen to the EA people, due to the end of the EAN forum. Not that Iris has her share also, but in her defense, she managed to develop the forum.
jean231

Postby jean231 » August 29th, 2010, 9:56 am

I've thought again about this article. Kind of strange, and of course big drama. How come a 17 yo person high on drug or meds was let walking outside a window ? Of course all the other people were also drunk, but still. Plus even on drug, a person can still realize when she endangers her life, er maybe. Plus the fact she was new to the city. And writing in her fb page that 'all is blurred'. :?: Had this idea the electrosmog might be a factor too. Drug + high level of electrosmog, it sure makes lose one's balance.
jean231

PreviousNext

Return to The EA Cafe Bar