Piece de Collection

The EA place for small talk.

Piece de Collection

Postby moderateur » February 14th, 2009, 10:27 pm

What are the things that you collect; things that you had collected in the past but stopped; or things you want to collect in the future (except basic necessities such as clothing and food).

It can be games, dvds, rocks, game cards, hats, bags, books, cars or any other items including girl friends and boy friends.
You may not be aware of it but having three pieces of the particular thing can make one a collecteur or start the passion of collecting.

Post pics if you have.

Best,
A person with natural crew-cut hair on my head
moderateur

Re: Piece de Collection

Postby jean231 » February 15th, 2009, 9:51 am

There was this thing in France last year, they issued a serie of coins (euros) in silver and even a 100 euros gold coin.

The silver coins were 5 euros and 15 euros coins. 90% silver for the 5 euros I think and 99% silver for the 15 euros coin (mind that the silver weight is valued less than the coin value, there's not 15 euros worth of silver in the 15 euros coin, of course)

So I bought some hoping for a profit. But it turned out that it is still sold at the face value right now, the 5 euros coin one can sell it on ebay maybe for 5.50 euros or 6 euros (removed the charges, you don't make any profit). The 100 euros gold coin, that's a bit of a different story, when it was issued it reached maybe 350 euros, right now it's down at 200 euros. Not bad, 100% profit, for those who were able to get it.

EDIT : I just checked ebay, prices have been going up a little bit. :mrgreen: 20 euros for the 15 euros.
jean231

Postby bluemarlin » February 15th, 2009, 1:02 pm

I have a collection of coins too, will post pic when i get it organize. I used to collect scented stationery and hello kitties as a kid.
And I've also kept the cards given to me since 2002 so I guess I'm an accidental collector:

the christmas cards given to me

birthday, thank you and others:
bluemarlin

Postby Turbo » February 15th, 2009, 1:31 pm

moderateur wrote:or any other items including girl friends and boy friends.

Haha.

Back in my childhood years I collected model cars, beer bottle caps, and for a short period of time- Dragonball Z cards. These days all I collect is bad karma and the occasional S.T.D. ;)

In the distant future I'd love to collect classic, and sports cars.
Turbo

Postby Cristobal » February 15th, 2009, 8:01 pm

I have a collection of many magazines and newspapers about the September 11, 2001 attacks.

For some reason, I have a big interest in 9/11. in another thread, I mentioned that I once made a thread on EAN about the youngest 9/11 victim, who happened to be EA.

Too lazy to take a picture, but my collection looks something like this:

Cristobal

Postby bluemarlin » February 16th, 2009, 2:47 am

^I thought of a nice career for you after you graduate an fbi or cia agent specializing in computers.
I forgot to mention I'm still keeping the perfume bottles that I've emptied for a couple of years now. I got inspired when I saw a collection of perfume bottles some ancient so I decided not to throw mine. Some of the perfumes were given to me as gifts. Most designs are modern.

bluemarlin

Postby bluemarlin » February 17th, 2009, 1:35 am

Oh, i thought of another one while I was in the kitchen looking at my ref, even ET that i got from universal studio is peeping through....

ref magnets
bluemarlin

Postby Cristobal » February 17th, 2009, 1:44 am

^Does one of those magnets have the yellow star from the Philippine flag? :D (The small magnet above the Boston one?)
Cristobal

Postby bluemarlin » February 17th, 2009, 1:50 am

I think that's the key west magnet from Florida. I didn't go there, a friend gave it to me coz she knows I like magnets. It's the only magnet that I didn't get myself. I have more magnets below and at the side of the ref.
bluemarlin

Postby bluemarlin » February 5th, 2010, 4:00 am

My collection is growing. Most of them are gifts so I'm an accidental collector. I only bought two items on that pic.
I luv the patterns. My friend is an avid collector of each set of patterns - she's one of them that peppers me with these gifts. Really awesome.

bluemarlin

Return to The EA Cafe Bar