Cocktail/Alcoholic drinks & Baristas n Bartenders

The EA place for small talk.

Cocktail/Alcoholic drinks & Baristas n Bartenders

Postby moderateur » February 24th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Post you favorite alcoholic, non-alcoholic and cocktail drinks here. Post your very own concoctions too.
moderateur

Re: Cocktail/Alcoholic drinks & Baristas n Bartenders

Postby Cristobal » February 24th, 2009, 6:16 pm

I made the mistake of drinking this while chewing gum at the same time, so the resulting taste was pretty gross. It was also the first alcohol I ever bought (I had drunk beer and wine before that but I didn't pay for it).

The first brand of alcohol I ever drank was Arbor Mist; it was at a party I went to when I was about 14. Needless to say, it got me interested in wine :mrgreen:

Cristobal

Postby bluemarlin » February 24th, 2009, 11:43 pm

I like the aromatic and floral bouquet taste of guwerztraminer wine which is good for light dessert, only a quarter left:

for flavorful dessert, port wine is well-recommended. it has always been my dessert wine on new year's eve.

and for non-alcoholic, fruit-based desert drink i made the avocado shake: crush some ice, add the ** ripened yellowish avocado pulp, add evaporated some milk and 3 drops of vanilla and sugar to taste. mix a bit, leave the crush ice and DO NOT turn into a smoothie because texture is key with avocado shake.
in other words, shaken! not stirred:

bluemarlin

Postby Renji » February 25th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Favourite alcoholic beverage: Bailey's (Irish whiskey, cream, sugar & cocoa)

Favourite non-alcoholic: The black V or Demon energy drinks
ImageImage

My custom made concoction:(Mix) Vodka + Red Bull + Carlsberg = Pure joy

ImageImageImage

If you're ever in the mood for something insanely strong, then try Jack Iron Rum. It's basically pure ethanol, with a drop of 'rum' : P

ImageImage

Yes, it really is 99% alcohol. :? :D
Renji

Postby bluemarlin » February 26th, 2009, 2:35 am

Bailey's is also a dessert drink match too.

For scotch whisky, the best one I've tasted:

Let's hear from the Frenchie Jean - he should be King of Wine here :!:
bluemarlin

Postby jean231 » February 26th, 2009, 10:12 am

Hey, sorry, I don't drink any more. When I say I don't drink any more I don't mean I used to be an alcoholic ! Just that I don't get any alcohol at all.

I have one more red wine bottle (organic) left, but I don't open it, cause otherwise I'll have to drink the whole bottle. Will take me a week.

Well, there was a time where I had one glass every day, cause about what they say about resveratol, etc, antioxydant. Now, ayurvedic advices : no alcohol.

I agree that the wine and cheese combo, it's a life addiction. But somehow I have quit the wine for now.

Also alcohol is bad for the brain (real bad), maybe though it thins the blood so reducing the risk of blood clots, so yeah, difficult to say. It's a tradition, wine, so there must be some good reasons.

Strong alcohols also may have their therapeutic value, (Russian vodka, Scott whisky, etc).

I read that the energy drinks are loaded with 'taurin' that is not such a good element, when absorbed in quantity, you should check.

EDIT : non alcoholic drink : er, coffee, and tea ! :mrgreen: I know, I'm a bore. I'm still addicted to coffee.
jean231

Postby Renji » February 26th, 2009, 1:31 pm

jean231 wrote:Now, ayurvedic advices : no alcohol.

You follow that vague & ancient Indian health system? And here I was assuming all French people adhered to the health benefits of drinking red wine (in moderation) ;)

jean231 wrote:Strong alcohols also may have their therapeutic value, (Russian vodka, Scott whisky, etc).

Agreed, providing the recipient doesn't mind sacrificing a few brain cells for the desired therapeutic effects :mrgreen:

jean231 wrote:I read that the energy drinks are loaded with 'taurin' that is not such a good element, when absorbed in quantity, you should check.

Yeah they contain the sulfonic acid taurine, and the extract from a plant called guarana, just to name a couple of key ingredients.

Red Bull was actually banned in Denmark and France, mainly due to an 18 yr old guy's death after drinking only three cans. The maximum recommended dosage is 2 cans per day (the same as V drinks), I've had 4 cans all at once before and was fine, the dude who died must've suffered some form of allergic reaction, or had an extremely weak heart. There have been shitloads of deaths linked to energy drinks over the years.
Renji

Postby NAR » February 27th, 2009, 1:11 am

Not really a drink.

I like to take sweet fried plantains, top with ice-cream, then pour lots of frangelico or amaretto.

Chambord over ice-cream is the BEST!!!!
NAR

Postby bluemarlin » February 27th, 2009, 2:22 am

^ I luv the bottle of that chambord liqueur, it's collectible-looking

jean231 wrote:Hey, sorry, I don't drink any more. When I say I don't drink any more I don't mean I used to be an alcoholic ! Just that I don't get any alcohol at all.
I have one more red wine bottle (organic) left, but I don't open it, cause otherwise I'll have to drink the whole bottle. Will take me a week.
Well, there was a time where I had one glass every day, cause about what they say about resveratol, etc, antioxydant. Now, ayurvedic advices : no alcohol.
I agree that the wine and cheese combo, it's a life addiction. But somehow I have quit the wine for now.
Also alcohol is bad for the brain (real bad), maybe though it thins the blood so reducing the risk of blood clots, so yeah, difficult to say. It's a tradition, wine, so there must be some good reasons.
Strong alcohols also may have their therapeutic value, (Russian vodka, Scott whisky, etc).
I read that the energy drinks are loaded with 'taurin' that is not such a good element, when absorbed in quantity, you should check

EDIT : non alcoholic drink : er, coffee, and tea ! :mrgreen: I know, I'm a bore. I'm still addicted to coffee.

Holy Canoli! The frenchie speaking blasphemy and snubbing wine. quit smoking - good but giving up wine is a sin.
It's still healthy to drink 1 shot glass or 1 jigger of red wine if you don't want to finish a goblet. That's what I do most evenings for health reasons. But too much alcohol can wilt the skin.

Throw some olives, grapes and chocolate truffles to that wine and cheese combo and it's all yum yum yum....I have a set of that in my ref by the way so it's chow time yay!
bluemarlin

Postby jean231 » February 27th, 2009, 11:08 am

Nah, I don't snob wine (er, maybe yes :mrgreen: )

Until recently I was still consuming wine on a daily basis, one bottle a week or every ten days. Was already an addiction.

But I've realized it affects a bit your stamina if you're into sport. I'm into yoga training those days.

It's good I know for a number of reasons, helps a bit digestion, good for the mood, tastes good, etc.

Also when socializing, I haven't given up alcohol, well those days I might have, but maybe won't last long.

Next EA meeting I'm sure I'll indulge myself in a beer, or wine. :mrgreen:
jean231

Next

Return to The EA Cafe Bar