The EA place for small talk.

Just for Laughs

Postby bluemarlin » June 3rd, 2011, 2:35 am

Funny responses to misspellings on facebook:

http://www.someecards.com/2011/04/06/th ... n-facebook
bluemarlin

Re: Just for Laughs

Postby bluemarlin » June 22nd, 2011, 1:32 pm

It's too funny - so I use my regular cellphone alarm to wake up for work every morning. But all the birds around my apartment picked up the sound and keep imitating my alarm and it sometimes give me a double-take, lol...
bluemarlin

Postby Turbo » June 22nd, 2011, 1:36 pm

Hahah, those cheeky buggers. :D
Turbo

Postby bluemarlin » June 22nd, 2011, 1:41 pm

Our pet parakeet that lived for 10 years could whistle and picked up the words such as sexy and ugly. It died in 2009 after we had a family reunion, as it arrived in our home when our household were altogether and it practically waited for us to be complete again before it succumbed to a permanent sleep. Love the birds.
bluemarlin

Postby bluemarlin » June 22nd, 2011, 10:01 pm

Comic relief for the day: Me called office but was told to take the whole day off to relax and take care of my allergy. sigh!

Funny episode for the day:

Me texted friend: My allergy moved up from throat streps to eyes when I took heavy dose of mucinex. Sore/harsh throat got better but my eyes are inflamed but not itchy and gunks lasted a day. Need medication.

Friend called: I’m also sick today and am on leave the entire week. I have coughs and vertigo like I'm losing balance and and about to fall down. I basically need a cane.

Me: seriously, you bought the cane for you.

Friend texted: I already phoned your prescription 2-3 hours ago. It’s 5 mg of prednisone (for anti-inflammatory), side effects are irritability and acne..

Me: Thanks. I just woke up again. Now I look like a Shaolin Master with small, inflamed red eyes.

Friend: Chinita, you only need mommy’s noodles/pancit to cure that. I’m so dizzy, nothing showed in all the medical test.

Me: Lola/Grandma, I thought you bought the cane for someone else.
Why did you mention it? Now I’m craving for pancit and I can’t go out with my slit-looking eyes all red and swollen. My shapely kind eyes look vile now....I think I have some pack noodles but it’s not as good as the pancit. lol

Friend: Yeah, I can use the cane for others too - the ones that keep irritating me now. hahaha

Me: Hope it's not me my dear. Maybe you need to have 2 canes so you can practice arnis ☺

Friend: Yeah to compliment your shaolin master karate moves, hahaha. gotta go and take care...

A few minutes later....Ring, ring, then the knight came calling to check out on me
bluemarlin

Postby bluemarlin » June 23rd, 2011, 11:44 pm

Comic relief continued: The next day:

Me: Lola/grandma, thanks for the prescription, helped a lot & was able to go to work. How’s your vertigo.

Friend: Chinita, getting better, I'd like to take this opportunity to go to Baltimore for the rest of my sick leave. Wanna go.

Me: Lola/grandma. I wish but previous plans have already been set-up for the weekend….. thanks again as there’s no irritability nor acne.

Friend: ok next time…Imagine if we meet in Baltimore with you wearing tinted eye glasses and me with my back- up cane on hand, we can sit by the train station and wait for alms..

Me: hahaha, sounds fun…..see you in NYC soon lola….lol

She's my funniest wackiest friend ever who happened to be a deiser - but you will never know...haha
bluemarlin

Postby mario » August 1st, 2011, 6:09 am

how to fix any computer
http://theoatmeal.com/blog/fix_computer

the pros and cons of owning a smartphone
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/smartphone
mario

Return to The EA Cafe Bar