Facebook vs the Message Boards

Handy for those who have been banned from EAN !

Re: Facebook vs the Message Boards

Postby jean231 » August 25th, 2013, 1:26 pm

The more you use Facebook, the more miserable you get -- study

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57598 ... get-study/

Possibly the tailored discussion boards could be better. If not seized by non EA of course.
jean231

Postby jean231 » October 11th, 2013, 5:50 pm

I think this is it for the past EA discussion boards. Very unlikely they'll come back to life. RIP EA discussion boards. :(
jean231

Postby mario » October 21st, 2013, 7:22 am

i wonder to what extent FB is to blame for the decline of half-asian forums. they began to decline many years ago when serge bought EAN and cristobal got banned, but none of that drama had anything to do with FB, because public FB pages did not exist yet.

FB didn't cause the decline but it contributed to it. before there were FB pages, forums were the only place for half-asians to interact online. but now that there's FB pages, many people have less reason to use forums.

if serge never bought EAN and the 'librarian' never caused controversy, EAN would still be active.
mario

Postby jean231 » October 23rd, 2013, 9:21 am

Yeah, you're completely correct Mario. FB might be only partially the reason why the EA discussion boards faded away. Especially EAN proboards, that could have carried on if Serge did not seize it.

The archivist was only very partially responsible for that, really, cause lots of members did appreciate his contribution, although some thought also he was a bit creepy remembering everything, and not being EA half&half or quarter.

Now, all that said, it is still possible to start the EA boards again, just needed a dozen motivated members posting actively in whatever board whether hapas, or freedomean. In fact I'm thinking about it right now, it occured to me ! Possible to ask a few active posters to join, and that would jump start it again. I'm even thinking of French EAs, in that case freedomean would become multilingual, English, French and even other language, no problem with the translators on line nowadays. :idea:
jean231

Postby jean231 » January 28th, 2014, 11:50 pm

I read here and there that FB is on decline. Meaning back to business for EA discussion board ? Like what we've seen a bit on hapas, and also maybe on EAN, two posts within a few days ?
jean231

Postby jean231 » March 30th, 2014, 10:08 am

FB EAN switching from open to secret group. Not necessarily a bad move. We lost, because of non EA infiltration. Let's go underground.
jean231

Postby jean231 » February 25th, 2017, 3:37 am

Natural news has been removed from google search. It seems there's an attack against all dissident websites, with lots of public.

FB is also launching a campaign against 'fake news" etc.

It reminded me of how it felt when kicked off a net forum like ean proboards. They just experience it on a larger scale. Being kicked of google search is really a big ban !

It reminds us that nothing is for certain, FB, google, etc. Proboards. Better have our own forum/websites.
:geek:
jean231

Postby jean231 » March 3rd, 2017, 10:38 am

It is now possible to report to FB if one sees 'fake news" on FB. This is really getting worse and worse.

Where's freedom of speech ? Fake news according to the mainstream media. :roll:
jean231

Postby jean231 » November 11th, 2017, 11:11 am

I posted on FB today. :geek:
jean231

Previous

Return to The Eurasiannation Annex