Technical issues

How to register, infos about this board.

Re: Technical issues

Postby Cristobal » January 29th, 2009, 2:58 am

All right, thanks, it's working now :) I just made a French learning thread and a thread for my "Goodbye EAN" archive.

Another thing: I noticed we can't embed YouTube videos on FreedomEAN like they do on Proboards/EAN. On EAN, they use this tag:

[youtube][/youtube]

^And the link goes inside

But it doesn't work here. It that possible on phpBB forums? (If not, then I'm okay with just posting links).
Cristobal

Postby jean231 » January 29th, 2009, 9:35 am

Yeah, sooner or later phpBB will certainly have the vids option too.

I'll check the issue regularly.
jean231

Postby Cristobal » February 6th, 2009, 2:35 am

Do you know how to change the picture at the top (the phpBB logo)? Because here's a new logo for FreedomEAN:

^It's hard to see here because the background is transparent, but it should look okay with the dark blue background of the top banner.

Can you try removing the phpBB logo at the top and put this new one? And also remove the text "FreedomEan still alive" because it's already on this logo.
Cristobal

Postby jean231 » February 6th, 2009, 9:48 am

Yeah, as soon as I find out how to do that, I'll do it ! I think it's possible.

Have to check on phpBB !
jean231

Postby jean231 » February 8th, 2009, 5:19 pm

I remember I tried to add a Christmas banner end of last year. Read that one had to change several files to do that, I tried it, but it didn't work.

So will have to try more. Sooner or later it should work.
jean231

Postby jean231 » February 25th, 2009, 10:48 pm

The forum was down during a few hours today, but this is no worry, just a small mistake I made. The problem is solved.

Much apology for the trouble it caused !
jean231

Postby Renji » February 27th, 2009, 12:45 am

The member "Not_a_racist" is currently unable to login, could you look into that asap Mr Admin? Thanks.
Renji

Postby NAR » February 27th, 2009, 4:45 am

Renji wrote:The member "Not_a_racist" is currently unable to login, could you look into that asap Mr Admin? Thanks.

It's okay. I'm fine now. It happened only for a few hours a few days ago.
NAR

Postby jean231 » February 27th, 2009, 11:54 am

Yeah, two days ago, the forum was off line for a few hours, but problem has been solved.

Now, there's this other issue that sometimes (maybe often) the forum is blocked on a window. For my case I have to open a new window and access the same page, and it's fine.

Don't know so far what the problem is, not a server saturation, since opening a new window (whether firefox or msn window, etc) and one can get the page.
jean231

Postby jean231 » April 11th, 2009, 8:22 am

There have been problems to get the forum last 12 hours. It seems it's okay right now.

Explanation must be all due to my provider, maybe they did some change during this time and did not warn the clients. :?:

My apology for all the members who had difficulty trying to get the forum during this time or could not access it. I'm of course thinking about some solution.

Anyway, if the forum gets bigger, we'll have a dedicated server (more reliable), etc. But since it will cost more, haven't done it so far ! Right now this is the basic service of the provider.

There's also the more recurrent problem of the forum page blocked from time to time, in this case, one just have to open a new window and it works.
jean231

PreviousNext

Return to Site content