The EA condition

The EA(s) opinions

The EA condition

Postby jean231 » January 27th, 2011, 11:27 am

google only gives one reference for "the eurasian condition" :mrgreen:

I'll check the link later anyway. :mrgreen:

EDIT : the link is a book reference, AND of course is mentionned in the famous everythingEA website !
jean231

Re: The EA condition

Postby jean231 » January 27th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Mito wrote:...
EA Amerasians have it a little bit better, but they can also expect a life of disease, poverty, misery, discrimination, starvation, drugs (crystal meth/"shabu"), and violence over here, as well. As stated before, the small percentage who are considered attractive over here (usually the somewhat rarer, whiter type of half-breed) aspire to be "Class A" sex workers, concubines, and occasionally promo-models at events (the slightly more articulate/educated kind). If they get support through the Pear S. Buck Foundation and other charities, they might even get a ticket out of here to a more comfortable welfare state, like the U.S, where they would have a chance to get an education. I recall that there were some EA Amerasian members on EAN, who managed to grow up in the U.S. with their parents (like the feisty, divorced, cougar, ex-soldier/runner/dancer/nurse/single-mom what's-her-name) and earn reasonable livings later in life. Here in the Philippines, social mobility simply doesn't exist.

I've seen a few documentary topics about the Philippines lately on TV. Last one I remember was about the presidential election, they would show the people who run for presidency, they are all from the affluent class. And emphasizing the fact too that in poor neighborhood, this is real tough. Like the Brasilian favellas. Drug, etc.

Now, really it's getting likewise in Europe. Not completely so cause the welfare safety net is better, like everybody gets welfare money after 25 yo. But the employment rate in 'urban areas' is huge. Drug comsumption is generalized.

In what you describe in the Philippines for EAs belonging to the poor class, it really makes sense that it's worse than the full race, cause they don't get much social support. Even in gangs, if they are admitted, it will be tougher for them. From a documentary I saw recently, the gangs are getting very present in poor neighborhood.

Now, personally, I'm glad i don't pay a rent, and I get the welfare safety net (I remember Sam,a cali guy from EAN, once said that the welfare system in Europe is disgustingly too generous :roll: ). i've seen that nowadays it is not possible any longer working in a company, or even ANY participation to some kind of valued activity is getting a problem. Middle class people are getting desperate. If I register to a sport club, there will be some kind of pressure, everywhere now. There are simply no public activity that is still cool for EAs in France now, I'd say. Especially with the fact that Asia is getting competitive, the buried anti Asian racism gets now a legitimacy, the Asians are taking all the jobs, that is the money. So all in all, the violence is more sophisticated against EAs in France/Europe (I'd say southern Europe countries), but not sure it is less than in the Philippines, just different. Just like harassments are done differently in working class or in middle class environment. Let's say the violence is way mor subtle.

EDIT : some form of 'western violence' against EAs, a non EA seizing the largest EA message boards. Of course it is laughable compared to street, life endangering violence, but somehow a more sophisticated kind. Shutting down the EA voices.
Etc, more examples later on !
Last edited by jean231 on January 31st, 2011, 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
jean231

Postby Mito » January 31st, 2011, 7:01 am

^^Err, sometimes when I write, I map the wrong English words to what's in my brain...I meant "feisty" not "hostile" above (Jean, perhaps you should correct that). Hostile is way too strong (and negative) an adjective, in case anyone was puzzled by my description. Didn't mean that one at all. Sorry. :oops:
Mito

Postby jean231 » January 31st, 2011, 11:11 am

I changed the word in the quoted text. :mrgreen:
jean231

Postby jean231 » November 28th, 2013, 7:51 pm

All kind of small talks against EAs/Asians. Very recently somebody mentionned to me how the Romans with the help of some barbarian gothic tribes stopped the huns. A nice way to say Asians, go home, when you belong to the middle class.

Also very often people will start to dig their own background when I talk about the metis thing, like their parents (both white) have origins in two different areas or european country, etc.
:geek:
jean231

Postby jean231 » July 7th, 2014, 7:41 am

New idea. (certainly the honest sociologists will agree or already found out about it). Anti Asian racism is tougher on the EAs than on the Asians, because EAs don't have the support group to handle it.
jean231

Return to The EA Tribune